Contact Grenville Jones on 07778 282934
10th March 2022
Goldies for Songs & Smiles!
The Golden-Oldies Charity has restarted its Sing&Smile sessions in England. ‘Goldies’ sessions are FUN social daytime activities, open to everyone, which aim to combat isolation with older adults. At Goldies sessions we sing-along to popular tunes by artists like our Patron Sir Cliff Richard, alongside Dusty Springfield, Elvis, Doris Day, Petula Clark and many more.
Prior to Covid, Goldies sessions took place across England and Wales. When they were forced to stop the Charity introduced GoldiesLive, online sofa-singing sessions for people to join in at home. GoldiesLive has continued for the past 18 months with sessions on Tuesdays & Thursdays, easily found on our website and YouTube every week.
Goldies founder, Grenville Jones said;
“We were very aware of the fact that many of the people who attended our daytime sessions prior to Covid lived lonely lives. If they were isolated before then Covid most certainly added to that loneliness. www.goldieslive.com has been fantastic at bringing the fun and the music into people’s homes during Lockdown.
“I am delighted that we are now able to bring back many of our daytime sessions with more in the months ahead. We will however continue with GoldiesLive sessions through to the end of this year, so we can keep on supporting those who remain at home.”
Over the course of the coming months ‘Goldies’ will continue to restart its former sessions and introduce new ones across England and Wales. If you are reading this and enjoy a good old sing-along to those well-loved hits of the 50s onwards, pop along to your nearest session, make friends and ENJOY. Goldies is a Registered Charity and do ask please for all those attending to make a £3 donation to our work so we can extend our sessions, reaching more older isolated people across the UK. The charity website is www.golden-oldies.org.uk.
Find your nearest monthly session here:
Bath & North East Somerset
• 1st Tuesday of each month - St Phillip's and St James Church, 35 Frome Road, Odd Down, Bath, BANES BA2 2QF – From 10.30am-11.30am
• 2nd Wednesday of each month - Conygre Hall, North Road, Timsbury BA2 0JQ – From 11.00am-12.00noon
• Last Tuesday of each month – Victoria Hall, Avondale Buildings, Larkhall, Bath BA1 6RD – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• Last Friday of each month - The Key Centre Keynsham Methodist Church, Charlton Road, Keynsham, B&NES BS31 2JA - From 2:00pm-3:00pm
Bristol & South Gloucestershire
• 1st Tuesday of each month – St Michael’s Church Centre, The Green, Stoke Gifford, Bristol BS34 8PD - From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 1st Wednesday of each month - St Mary’s Church, High Street, Shirehampton, Bristol BS11 0DW - From 10.00am-11.00am
• 1st Thursday of every month - Henbury & Brentry Community Centre, Machin Road, Henbury, Bristol BS10 7HG – From 11.00am-12.00noon
• 2nd Thursday of each month - St Werburghs Community Centre, Horley Road, St Werburghs, Bristol BS2 9TJ – From 11.00am-12.00noon
North Somerset, South Somerset & Mendip
• 1st Tuesday of each month - Clifton Court Community Room, Churchill Avenue, Clevedon BS21 6QS – From 10.30am-11.30am
• 1st Thursday of each month - Crowshute House, Crowshute Link, Chard TA20 2EZ – From 10.30am-11.30am
• 1st Friday of each month - Elim Connect Centre, Portway, Wells BA5 2BE – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 2nd Wednesday of each month – Bruton Methodist Church, Shute Lane, Bruton BA10 0BH – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 2nd Thursday of each month - Cleaveside Communal Lounge, Cleaveside Close, The Glebe, Queen Camel, BA22 7PR– From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 2nd Thursday of each month - Millers Close Community Room, Millers Close, Pill BS20 0DX - From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• Last Thursday of each month - Nailsea Methodist Church, 74-76 Silver Street, Nailsea BS48 2DS – From 10.30am-11.30am
• Last Friday of each month – Ilminster Parish Hall, North Street, Ilminster TA19 0DG – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
Wiltshire & Swindon
• 1st Monday of each month - Pound Arts Centre, Pound Pill, Corsham SN13 9HX – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 1st Tuesday of each month – Abbeyfield House, Bratton Road, Westbury BA13 3EP - From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 1st Thursday of each month - United Church Warminster, George Street, Warminster BA12 8QB - From 2.30pm-3.30pm
• 1st Thursday of each month - Coleview Community Centre, Towcester Road, Swindon SN3 4AS - From 2.30pm-3.30pm
• 2nd Monday of each month – Salisbury Methodist Church, St. Edmund’s Church Street, Salisbury SP1 1EF – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 2nd Friday of each month – The Marden House Centre, New Road, Calne SN11 0JJ – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 4th Wednesday of each month – Downton Memorial Hall, Downton, Salisbury SP5 3ND - From 10.00am-11.00am
Essex & East London
• 1st Monday of each month – Braintree Library, Fairfield Road, Braintree CM7 3YL – From 10.30am-11.30am
• 2nd Monday of each month - Havering Asian Social Welfare Association, Greenfields, Kilmartin Way, Elm Park RM12 5NB - From 1.00pm-2.00pm
• 2nd Tuesday of the month – Emmanuel Church, Main Road, Hawkwell SS5 4NR – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 3rd Monday of each month – Harlow Playhouse Theatre 2, Playhouse Square, Harlow CM20 1LS - From 2.00pm–3.00pm
• 3rd Wednesday of each month - Beaulieu Community Centre, Beaulieu Square, Chelmsford CM1 6AU – From 11.30am-12.30pm
• 3rd Friday of the month - George Hurd Community Centre, Audley Way, Basildon SS14 2FL – From 11.00am-12.00noon
• Every Wednesday – Bollywood Goldies at Havering Asian Social Welfare Association, Greenfields, Kilmartin Way, Elm Park RM12 5NB – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• Last Tuesday of each month - Uttoxeter Methodist Church Meeting Room, High Street, Uttoxeter ST14 7JQ – From 11.00am-12.00noon
• 1st Tuesday of each month - St Peter's Methodist Church, Main Street, Crosshills BD20 8TF - From 2.00pm - 3.00pm
• 1st Thursday of each month - Cornerstone Methodist URC, Great Horton Rd, Great Horton, Bradford BD7 3ER – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
• 3rd Tuesday of each month - Steeton Methodist Church, Steeton, Keighley BD20 6TU – From 2.00pm-3.00pm
WATCH OUT for more sessions to be added soon.
If you want to know more call The Goldies office on 01761 470006.
Image shows : Sing&Smile with the Golden-Oldies Charity.